What’s it all about?
Only 13% of employees worldwide are engaged at work, according to Gallup’s recent, 142-country study on the State of the Global Workplace. This equals one in eight workers — are mentally and emotionally committed to their jobs, and likely to be making positive contributions to their organizations.
63% of employees worldwide are “not engaged,” meaning they lack motivation and are less likely to invest optional effort in company goals or outcomes. This is critical, as almost any business metric is directly impacted by employee engagement (turnover, absenteeism, productivity, profitability, quality/safety incidents, customer service, the list goes on…).
The top two reasons people leave their jobs:
1. The relationship they have with their manager.
2. The relationship they have with their peers.
Ultimately, it’s the relationships someone has at work that most directly impacts their level of engagement. When a leader can take an hour a month to connect with their team around issues beyond the transactional nature of daily work, they help their team feel heard, understood, and appreciated.
We help leaders have better and more frequent conversations with their teams because:
- Better conversations drive better relationships.
- Better relationships = greater engagement.
- And greater engagement drives business results.
Glass of Learning have partnered with Actionable Conversations to bring together conversations inspired by the most current business authors. Actionable Conversations™ take core principles inspired by the best business books, and allow you to choose sessions that specifically address your team’s unique workplace challenges and areas for growth.
Conversations consist of:
– 1-hour session for your team
– Comprehensive notes for you to lead the conversation
– Train-the-trainer video on maximizing the learning impact
– 2-page pre-read article for your team
– On-line “Accountability Loop” that tracks behaviour change
Conversations are led by the leader.
Benefits and Uses for Leader led Conversations
– Building engagement through relationships, building relationships through conversations
– Readily available learning transfer which can build on or reinforce a theme from other class room training
– Reinforce concepts that support an organizational change or initiative, such as innovation, a new vision or strategy
– A leadership development tool for leaders or high potentials to run sessions, create conversations with their team, and conduct follow up coaching
– Accessible curriculum for personal development plans
Explore the full Actionable Catalogue
If you are interested in trying out an Actionable Conversation click here to contact us.
Access over 1000 free book summaries here!